Saturday, June 7, 2008

Upcoming Posts Schedule...

...it has been awhile since I last posted. I had the Talent Show to organize, then once it was done, I thought "Ahhhh...I'll just relax..."

Boy howdy was I wrong! It has been non-stop grading since because the end of the year is approaching! Several poorly written short stories, final exams, and last lessons graded, I am exhausted and striving to achieve a place where I can write fair report card comments. The students, their parents and I would prefer comments that do not include "useless lump", "demonstrates academic dishonesty", "is a whiny prig", etc. in their phrasing.

It IS a struggle.

My hope is that during the summer I can spend some time refreshing myself so I can enjoy my students' company next September. I might not be able to tolerate a child till July - with the exception of a few cute ones who have not achieved the obnoxious stage that is junior high.

So, a brief outline of upcoming, post school year posts:

1. Martha = FAIL (Martha Stewart - not a student)

2. Against Arranged Marriages/Review of The Pallisers (episode 1)

3. A Review of "The Darjeeling Limited" or How I Managed to Behave Myself in front of My Husband while Viewing the Film

4. I totally rooted for the spelling bee winner and only spelled three words correctly in the televised rounds - also, can ABC network NOT be in charge of televising the spelling bee...EVER!

5. Why the sentence"I want my child 'challenged'." is such a funny thing to me

6. More pysanky designs - and how sitting through an eighth grade graduation ceremony can lead to creative designs

7. My sweater (becoming less of an unidentifiable crocheted object) and baby blankets (on how to make a pile of granny squares something useful)

8. On JK Rowling commencement speech at Harvard and how she is MY HERO - almost as good as Jane Austen

9. Wuthering Heights = Snape and Lily inspiration (I am on to you JK Rowling)

10. Gardening plans...and how Feist is really cool

Lots to look forward to...and maybe some fan fiction

No comments: