Thursday, June 12, 2008

No Wonder I Never Received a Thank You...



...the shawl was totally...well, it looks like an oversized placemat.

Let me give you the back story: at the beginning of the school year, a mother of one of our students was diagnosed with ovarian cancer :(

Really nice family and the mom was undergoing chemo and could hardly move. So the family mostly stayed at home to keep her company. So, our junior high teacher team thought it would be cool to make them a gift basket with fun stay at home activities, like movies, board games, snacks, etc. :)

I volunteered to make a prayer shawl. Everyone thought it was cool, and I even finished it up at the staff Christmas party (so the whole of the teacher population thought it was nifty too).



And...I was cleaning out my folders today and found these pics I and the husband took - and realize it looked COMPLETELY wonky. :S

Now I feel really bad that I gave someone some really cruddy stiching - but she is much better, so maybe my lopsided efforts worked...or not. I am just glad she is better:)

The moral of the story: A good effort...will always be a good effort!

No comments: