Monday, June 23, 2008

Pallisers Parts 3 and 4...

...nothing interesting to note here...just kidding! The series just got immensely interesting and I have to pace myself because I have other things to do.

I figured out Moocher Fratboy's name (finally): Burgo Fitzgerald.

Seriously - who names their kid "Burgo"?

Anyhow, he has made several attempts to abduct Glencora, but she had evaded him. Thankfully - though he did get a kiss (or two) in at the ball.

I say "thankfully" 'cause Burgo "Fratboy Moocher" Fitzgerald has been getting AWFULLY friendly with his own aunt. What is going on with all these people getting too cozy with their familias? Why can't they just stick to the time honored family tradition of talking behind each other's backs instead of getting all physically affectionate? Burgo is just weird :|

Glencora knows that she is weak and it makes me appreciate her character more. The actress also well represented the struggle her character has with some pretty fine acting. So, I guess I *must* like Glencora.

But Alice I am now worried about - especially after Kate's comment that she is the hero. Alice needs to get a spine and toss off George and Mr. Grey! George is now the moocher and Mr. Grey is interferring with the whole business (via Alice's sneaky father).

The scariest part of this disc was when Mr. Grey is giving the money to Alice's father to give to the bank for George (it's complicated, no?) and he says:

*super creepy eyebrow raise* "It won't be a debt...if she marries me...if she'll still have me..." *fade to black*

I do not think I am able to capture the creepiness of it all, but MR. GREY GET A CLUE!!! You're milk (that is BORING) and unless you show some real passion, Alice ain't yours!

There was a rather passionate make out scene with Alice and George that had me rooting for some bodice ripping - but Alice puts the kiabosh on it :( But then again, she is...a hero? I guess I will have to see.

Some of the extras are pretty cool - I am really liking George's policitcal partner. He reminds me of the Dodo from Alice in Wonderland.

No comments: