Friday, March 4, 2011

Appalled

It does not take much to get me relied up, but it does take quite a bit to make me utterly and completely appalled by the actions of others. I tend to let things go when it comes to people and their choices. Two recent news stories however, have me TOTALLY AND UTTERLY APPALLED.


I dislike the s-word very much, but it here it goes: MIKE HUCKABEE YOU SUCK YOU FILTHY, STUPID HYPOCRITE.

So, Natalie Portman, not only a fine actress but a DECENT human being, gets pregnant out-of-wedlock. SO WHAT? Many people do and sometimes some of them decide to end the life of their child. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE HER DO THAT?

Yes, she is famous, has lots of money, and she will be able to hire help -- good for her. That hardly means that young women will see her state and say "omg, Natalie totally rocked that $40K maternity gown, I need to get preggers so I can has one too!!!1!1!!!". If that were true, then there would be a lot more "meat-ware" ala Lady Gaga. Have your crack research team check out this blog post while you are at it.

Decide what it is YOU REALLY STAND FOR Huckabee before you decide to mouth off about a woman CHOOSING to have a child when she isn't married.

Second, in the VERY TRAGIC end: Suspect in Houston Day Care Fire Still Missing

My mom called yesterday to check in and chat. I was getting Nina ready for bed and finally got to talk to mom when Nina was nursing. Towards the end of our conversation, my mom mentioned this news story about a woman with a home daycare. Allegedly, Jessica Rene Tata left SEVEN toddlers and pre-school aged children home by themselves while she went shopping at Target (authorities have her on film in Target sans children in her care). She must have left something on inside her rented apartment because it caught fire. Four children died and two were severely burned. When she returned to find her apartment on fire, she began to tell firefighters and neighbors that there were children in the apartment and offered no help.

She then claimed she needed to go to the hospital for trauma and, because the authorities did not arrest her or charge her with any crime, she was able to get to Dallas and fly to Nigeria where she is now hiding.

While my mother was telling me of this tragedy, I began crying and I suppose something changed in my heartrate and general being because Nina was suddenly wide-eyed and worried.

When Jessica Rene Tata does get extradited to the US, she faces child abandonment and neglect charges. Why she will not be charged with man slaughter is beyond me except that they might be holding off on it in order to lure her back into the country. I can only assume she fled because she knew in Texas she would face the death penalty.

So, if you know anyone in Nigeria, pass along this picture of a woman who is on the run after killing four children, injuring several others, and leaving their families devastated.

May God have mercy on us all.

No comments: