Monday, April 13, 2009

MOTHER!!!

So, my great-uncle Vincent recently reposed. It is amazing to me that I knew my great-grandparents siblings and I consider myself quite fortunate. Tio Vicente was a really kind and funny man - he and his wife Virginia were the best of people. I really feel for Tia Virginia; I cannot imagine losing my husband. I know she has her children and grandchildren to comfort her along with our whole family.

I went on the tribal pages website to see if any news was on there, but everyone in Texas is rather busy and I know it will take some time before any pics go up from the funeral.

I strolled down memory lane, looking at pictures of my family...events...old pictures of my ancestors (what a weird idea, but I guess that is who they are) when they were younger...

Here are some of my favorites:



Check out the bow on my great-grandma Sophia! She was rockin' it. I did not know she had a sister Virginia who died at age 18.



And here are Great-grandma Sophia and Great-grandpa Jose (Joe) -- they are so beautiful here. They would later go on to have 9 kids (though I think there were two who reposed along the way), divorce, and then go on to have three more -- each of them!

Whoa.

Great-grandpa Joe and Great-Uncle Vincent were brothers. It is funny, but I knew them as Grandpa Joe and Tio Vicente -- we are not formal in our family, thankfully.



My Grandpa recently celebrated his 80th birthday! And he still looks this good - seriously. He is the titanium grandpa -- he drove himself to the hospital when he was having a heart attack. I did not inherit his pain threshold AT ALL. Both of my grandparents look stunning in here -- I wish I had inherited my grandmother's looks. She is still super cute too :D

Speaking of good looks...here is why I titled my post "MOTHER!!!"



Of ALL the pictures she has of me, she chooses our bad 80s glamour shots???

????????????????????

I guess because she looks good. Check out my EYEBROWS -- I mean they are pretty bad now, but I could have easily been Frida Kahlo. Just photoshop in a spider monkey and it is a whole new picture. I have NEVER worn that much make-up since, not even on my wedding day.

Speaking of which...



Well, Lance looks good in this one. I know I am a nerd, but do we really need to showcase that fact on Tribal Pages. Seriously -- I know I kinda dashed my mother's dreams of a fairly-tale wedding for her one and only daughter by having a kegger at church, but of all those wedding photos THIS IS THE ONE she chooses.

:|

At least I am holding an icon. But I am a stick figure; if I remember correctly, I was about 90 lbs - gross! By gross I mean TOO SKINNY. And I cannot believe I have gained 40 lbs since the wedding...double gross.

Gah! I will have to send Aunt Bea some new pics where I don't look like such a dweeb...if such pictures exist.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I think you look adorable in the wedding pic--totally thrilled to be married. The 80's glamour shot, on the other hand--I wouldn't have recognized you, seriously. Wow.