Monday, September 7, 2009

DJ'-ing

I have so far DJ'ed three weddings and last night made number four.

I am used to playing a lot of swing and a few dance songs, but mostly slow songs because anyone can do a "walking hug". The group last night seemed really into "dance" music, or at least fairly fast paced songs.

I have never had a request for "Funkytown". Especially yelled at me in a fairly drunken manner.

Whatevers. At least four people came up to me and said that they enjoyed the music and that I did a good job.

But that one individual getting all bratty and huffy just leaves me with a sour feeling.

I did find it amusing how many folks thought I would show up with two turntables and a mircophone! I am just a girl with a laptop and a lot of music!

Still, people want specific songs and I simply do not have that capability - I can play something similar and in the same genre, but sometimes it is difficult to get to specific songs. And WHO the heck DANCES to "Smells Like Teen Spirit"???

I now own a copy of "Funkytown", should the fancy strike again. Perhaps it was the hangover, but I feel tainted owning it - as if I am letting someone else dictate what music I have in my library.

Regardless, our friends' wedding was beautiful and fun!

No comments: