Sunday, April 13, 2008

Egg-SPLODE!!!


So, I have always been against making pysanky with birds on them. See the red one on the left? Yeh, not my cup of tea (these are NOT my eggs by the way, and NO I will not reproduce one of them for you).


I always felt awkward putting an image of the animal whose reproductive parts I was using to make art. I mean, it was just sort of weird.


Then, this year, I thought, what they hey, I will make one with little birds on it and it could be really cute.




So, I made it and it was cute. Then, when I was taking the yoke out....





Fortunately, most of the yoke was out, so yoke didn't go flying everywhere (which was the initial concern of my husband in the next room over who heard the commotion including my yelp).

My expression was one of :s

I mean, I REALLY liked that egg, and I guess Mom did too since she emailed me claiming it as her own. But now, it is....



...egg-sploded. I think my problem was the size of the hole I made to push the yoke out and not the egg itself or the spirits of chickens/ducks/geese past coming to haunt me.

Um, by the way, you can click ON the picture for a larger view (hi mom:).

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, I really like the red egg with the birds on it, even if it did break. :)