Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More Cuteness from Confinement

I finished some toys for the cutie and am quite proud of my work. The owl bib pattern is MUCH cuter as a toy. Check out the front.



I made a different type of wing than the pattern so that it could flap. L was having fun playing with it. Here is the back.



Then I moved on to this pattern I found in Amigurumi Two! which features patterns for children (toys, rattles, etc.). The author also has Amigurumi World which also has adorable patterns. I really liked the fruit "houses" in Amigurumi Two! and made the pear. The photos came out very artistic and it almost looks like a little story.

The pear.


What is inside.


Pear and Snail. (The snail's eyes are embroidered)


The snail is a bit top-heavy.


I have a few more projects up my sleeve. I want to try to make some matrushka toys. I don't know what the gender of the cutie is, but kids like to chew on plush things and they aren't too picky. Since I like matrushkas, the cutie will have some matrushka toys!

I also was fortunate to run across a copy of The Floral Alphabet Coloring Book (found here).

It is a really neat idea - each letter of the alphabet corresponds to the plants within the letter. It is a wide variety of plants too - not just flowers, but also trees and fruit. I made copies and plan to use water color pencil to color each letter. Next, I want to cut out and back each letter, laminate the pages, and bind it. I think it would make a charming book.

But right now it is time for a nap!

No comments: