Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Laziness

Gosh I have been lazy. In almost all aspects of my life. For Lent I gave up Facebook and so I have no vent for my ephemera and odd tidbits. Which I am sure the world continue to spin in spite of their absence (and perhaps even better!).

Thankfully I have finished my last graduate class in education (if my prof got out her guitar and sang us another song, I would have probably cried or taken the guitar and smashed it). Sadly, I still have to create a professional portfolio and have no idea what I am supposed to do for it.

To avoid such unhappy thoughts, I have been creating lovely things such as:



I had started a cape in the same yarn just before Christmas break, but it was requiring single crochet stitches and I was quickly loosing patience. I found the pattern online here and it looked easy enough. I finished it about a month ago and wore it to school with many compliments.

"Wow, you made that Mrs.K?"

"You MADE that??? Oh my gosh - it's so pretty"

And there was much handling of the cape.

Anyhow, there are more exciting creations I want to post, but I have to get some pictures to upload before I do them.

And I will also explain why I will be unable to make pysanky this year (but it is for a good reason :).

3 comments:

Larissa said...

I want one. Do you make them in size "extra huge"?

Lia Mey said...

You mean "quite tall" :D I believe it is one size fits all...if you are serious I would be quite happy to send one your way - just let me know the color!

Larissa said...

oh dear! haha! yes, "quite tall" sounds about right! Are you selling these?? xx