Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Am a Dweeb.

Just ran across these photos that I never posted.


Back in October, the hubbster and I went to visit our friend Irene in California. On a trip to Lake Tahoe I was fascinated by the gigantic pinecones.



Here I am trying to look regal - like the queen of the forest.

Erin's one comment to me "Juliana - you are getting fat".

:|

Moving on...

(Click on the picure to bigify it)

Dias de Los Muertos Cookies! My friend Kelsey, art teacher at current place of employment, wanted to do some art work honoring Dias de Los Muertos. So we went to this cool gallery in Ballard (Seattle Neighborhood) and I found these skull cookie cutters. One of the cookies looks like it got into the sprinkles. Heh.


Me trying to look like Anthony Bourdain - a discriminating chef.




The only time you will ever see me cordial with George Bush the first - a statue of him at the George Bush International Airport. I was trying to get my jacket to permenentely blow in the breeze. Then hubbser tried it - it was pretty fun.

Then the cops showed up. We moved along to our gate.



My precious...a gift from my dad for Christmas. WOO HOO!

So far I have only made Pascha cheese on it... Ok - small rant: I took a GIANT Pascha cheese to school with some kulich. The kulich got a few nibbles, but NO ONE TOUCHED the CHEESE!!! Seriously - these peeps need to get out in the world more.

...but I plan to do a lot more with it when I have the time. I still do not have a timeline on when I will have more time.



Doesn't mean I don't still loves the precious. I just saw Barefoot Contessa and Ina Garten made scones - perhaps I will feel inspired this week...

3 comments:

EmmaLouWho said...

LOVE the skull cookies, so fun! And no way you're getting fat! Sheesh. :-|

Oh, and by any chance do you like the color green? Heh.

Unknown said...

I don't think I was as blunt as that!!! (but if I was, I am very sorry because that was just plain mean)

Lia Mey said...

I loves the green!

Erin Irene - You were that blunt.

No worries! I am developing a rather Pooh bear like tum - too much honey!