Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WOOT!!!

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly happy today!

Barack Obama is our new President!!!

Yea!!!

All day yesterday my students pestered me about who I voted for, but I didn't tell them who I voted for because that would be 1) unprofessional, 2) odd. They even asked today and I would not tell them.

With an Obama victory, the hubbster and I will not be moving to Germany - something I declared we would do if McCain won (Germany is the leading center of renewable energy research, which the hubbster is passionate about).

When I came home, I lit a candle and prayed. I even started practicing some German phrases just in case. But my Mexican tongue has a difficult time with so many consonants.

When Obama won Pennsylvania, I CHEERED!!! I knew then I wouldn't have to learn how to say complicated words anymore!

And the hubbster yelled from the other part of the house that it was NOT a football match. And he had to say it once more when Obama won Ohio and Iowa.

It just makes me proud to be an American. I feel confident in a president who is intelligent, calm, polite, and compassionate. I think he is the most genuine politician I have witnessed campaign in my lifetime. I loved Clinton, but he was a bit of a circus. Obama has the intelligence of Clinton, but without the ickiness of scandal and deceit.

And Michelle Obama is pretty darn cool too. They just seem like a really nice family and it is wonderful to have them representing us on the world stage.

When Obama announced that his daughters "earned the new puppy", I asked Lance if I could have a new puppy if I was elected to public office.

He said "no".

:(

But, puppy or no puppy, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved that our country has a solid leader now.

I just hope GW doesn't try anything CRAZY before he leaves office...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post was very disappointing. From the title, I thought it was going to be about woot(.com) and about how you purchased something really cool for really cheap.

Boo.

Lia Mey said...

Hey - just sayin' how I feel.

And that would be HAPPY!!!