Sunday, October 5, 2008

Crafty...

A few things I have accomplished within the past year...and some more recently...
I actually made 2 of these for the P-J twins in Santa Fe.



This I made for Sam P-J as a little "pick-me-up" for having twin sisters now...



...he enjoys Finding Nemo.



This scarf in Ravenclaw colors is for me! I thought it would be cool to do a shell pattern so it looks like an eagle soaring


:|

Yes, I am a nerd.

And yes I have sketched companion scarves for each of the houses.

:|

Moving on, I also created some posters!




Eh - they were a samples for the kids. We are celebrating a Red Ribbon Day this year - so that is me singing the Queen of the Night Aria instead of doing drugs (though if I ever did sing that Aria, I *might* need to juice it...slightly).

And I really ought to post the patch I attempted on a sweater.  But, I decided to photograph this:



I will always remember The Pumpkin King via this blanket. A long time ago, the PK and I shared a house for a summer - probably the only house in NM with mildew and a dead bird in the closet (well, maybe not the *only* one).

I am such a paranoid freak, I did not want to leave doors or windows open despite the dry heat. PK convinced me one day that leaving a window open in our bedroom would help cool it off and, unless an intruder was about 7' tall, it would be difficult to get into our mildew ridden abode. I agreed.

The only problem was that it was a windy day and the oil lampada on the window sill took a tumble onto the corner of my comforter which lay on the bottom bunk (yes, we had bunk beds...on loan).

So, since the oil was not going to come out of the jaquard, so I just cut off the oil-soaked corner and sewed up the loose ends.

Guests always wonder what happened to the comforter - what with the missing corner and the doggie patch covering up the india ink an ex spilled on it. So, now you know.

No comments: