Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's been awhile...

... I am still trying to balance school, life, and fan fic writing.

I have once again changed my mind about the structure of the story I want to write - or, I suppose, I rather want to fill in.

I have been re-reading the whole HP series, looking now for more about Snape, which I had not done before. To me, he was not a character I was drawn to - he seemed so mean and awful to Harry that one, I think, could not but also get angry with Snape as Harry did.

But what an interesting character - to see Harry's own person as a personal insult. Lily said she would never be interested in James, and yet she MARRIES the guy and has a KID with him!

If I were Snape, I would be pretty upset too.

However, could Harry really help what his mother said or who his father was? I think it a little TOO vindictive to take this attitude. But, perhaps Snape was saving himself from more hurt by distancing himself from Harry. From a distance perhaps he only saw James and would not have to look at Lily's eyes - a source of pain for him.

Anyhow - just some thoughts that have been rattling around in my brain.

Hopefully will get a new chapter up in the next month that starts with Snape and Lily's estrangement.

I'm actually starting to think of him as Severus...hmmmm.

No comments: