Monday, August 6, 2007

About my Fan Fiction: In the Blink of Her Eyes

Howdy!

I am a mugglenet fan, so I don't know if I will try to publish there, but I will update this blog with my story. I am a former English teacher, but I teach math now (which I HEART to the utmost) - and means I won't have a lot of time. But I will try to edit before I post, but would heartily appreciate comments that relate to character and plot development as well as the typical grammar and conventions.

Here are the normal labels and warnings:

The characters I write of are property of J. K. Rowling, a literary genius and veteran story teller. J.K. Rowling - if you ever read this blog, I am very much obliged to you for inspiring me with your inventions. You have been an inspiration to everyone!

Title: In the Blink of Her Eyes

Inspiration for title: see first post - I was inspired by Lily's blink in Order of the Phoenix

UPDATE: this post was HEAVILY edited because, well, I was so GIDDY when I wrote it.

I really envisioned this torrid love affair between Snape and Evans, but upon reading DH for the, let's see, FOURTH time, I think otherwise.

I think they were friends, really close friends, but some friendships grow apart. Sometimes your friends make choices that you do not, you cannot agree with, and so you start to avoid them, begin to make other close friends.

And so it was with Lily and Severus. I think they got to Hogwarts and for the first two years were really close buds. But James would of course guarantee that Snape's life was no fun, so Snape started dabbling in what might be, at first, simple retaliatory spells, but would eventually lead to the dark arts. And with using and seeking out dark spells, Snape would start to hang out with some who also were using dark spells.

But Lily wouldn't and couldn't - especially since most of those who used dark spells hated muggleborns. I think Lily begins to realize what Severus is up to and puts up a sort of barrier for her feelings towards him. I think she deep down does like him romantically, but those feelings are pushed far away when she realizes what he using.

Anyhow, I want to work on their history a bit more. So, I will write the fan fiction.

With this long, mega-post, I bid adieu with my final thought: "Detail oriented much? Well, I am a teacher..."

Lia Mey

No comments: